February 19, 2013

our day of love.

this post is a few days late, but better late then never.  we loved valentines day over in the neeleman house.  

this holiday has taken on a whole new meaning to me ever since i left for college, i didnt spend the whole day working in our families flower shop (worst day of the year there, or best, depends on what way you look at it) and did what normal people do for valentines day. you know, eat chocolates, give and get gifts from people you love. its such a cool day. and now that i am a wife and a mom, wow... february14th is just getting better. 

 i am so totally in love with my two boys so i asked them both to be my valentine. and they both said yes. i feel pretty lucky to have so much love in my life. i had this on the door when daniel got home from practice...

^^be my valentine?^^
^^pink waffles, strawberry syrup, yogurt parfaits, homemade candies.^^
^^ homemade beet bread! it was such a lovely pink.^^
the only sad part..well, henry was sicky. so we ate chocolates and cuddled most of our day. then daddy took us out for sushi (our favorite) and made us the cutest card with two cupcakes. one even had love potion dust on it.

loved our day. love my boys.

xo

1 comment :

  1. woah, love the beet bread. I want to try making it!! can you taste the beets?

    ReplyDelete