May 17, 2016

dance pictures.


man! it is so hard to get a good dancing photo while actually dancing!. during rehearsal this week we watched the video from the competition and during the whole piece you could hear my three babies yelling from the audience. all day ballet competitions are not for the faint of heart!



if you look closely you will see that my eyes are closed while turning! #impressed!

before i go on stage i always take time to pray,  some of my most spriritual moments have happened before performing. usually, performers do their individual rituals before entering and it is a time of focus and quietness for everyone. i remember at juilliard i would pray out loud, hidden backstage in a nook and find so much peace, strength and love. i will never forget those nights. being onstage is really special for me, i feel really close to my heavenly father. this performance was also special, it had a little different vibe since it was a competition but before we entered the stage we said a prayer together with the women from my piece. i told them i would say it, and it was really neat to stand hand in hand with these ladies and thank heavenly father for all that we had been blessed with and ask for his help and his spirit to be with us. the spirit was strong in our makeshift circle. as i looked up there were not only tears in my eyes but in their eyes as well. just another reminder to me that god really cares and love each and every one of his children.

did i mention we won?

xo

No comments :

Post a Comment