January 23, 2013

henry.

last night was one of those nights that you wish you could hit the pause button. henry and i played on our bed and we were both laughing so hard. henry totally gets me. and i get him. its a mommy and baby thing. then he got tired so i went into his little room and started to rock him to sleep. we rocked for awhile. singing, playing, dancing, laughing and signing some more. i found myself singing you are my sunshine.

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When the skies are grey
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
So please don't take
My sunshine
Away

The other night dear
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms
When I awoke dear
I was mistaken
And I held
My head
And cried 

i started thinking about the words. first verse...so true. henry makes me smile all day long whatever the day, whatever color my skies are. it is amazing. the second verse made me cry, i started to think about my little henry all grown up and i wasnt a mommy to babies anymore. i couldnt hold them in my arms. i thought of myself when all my kiddos where gone and me dreaming of holding them. dreaming of the days when we would play and snuggle on the bed for hours, then i would rock them to sleep. when those days are over. i will cry. but until then i will enjoy every moment i can with this perfect boy. 


i am blessed. 
so blessed.

1 comment :

  1. I always sing that song to Rowen, too. And I had a crying breakdown last week while rocking her to sleep for the exact same reason, ha ha! But not really "ha ha," I hate that they are growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete