June 30, 2016

because i turned 26



yesterday i turned 26. it was a wonderful day and when i finally went to sleep i was charged up on that this is what life is all about feeling. like most mornings, george woke up full of giggles.  we threw him into bed with us where he took his happiness out on our sleeping bodys with well aimed face slaps and baby body slams. daniel tapped out after a few minutes and went downstairs to make birthday omelettes. of course the other boys wanted toast and george preferred what had fallen on the floor. 

what came next was yard work wars. us vs yard. whats great about yard work is that its a team sport. one at the rake, other on wheelbarrel duty, and your little offspring mimicking your every move.  you put leaves in to the wheelbarrow, they take them out.  you put your rake down, they drag it away. children want to do things. often it ends up being in the wrong dirrection but doing makes them happy. it makes me happy to see them do. just when i needed a cheerleader henry told me next year he would turn FIVE and would be big enough to marry me. daniel told him to find his own girl. a devastated henry then walked over to me and said, "but mama, i want to marry you!" 

after 7 hours of battle we put up the white flag and stumbled back to the house tattered and beaten for a late lunch of homemade pizzas of cheese and fresh tomatoes. my mom sent me a text asking why hadn't called her to thank her for giving birth to me. i always forget! 

for dinner we had sushi because that is my all time favorite food in the whole world. we took all three princes and got a table on the floor. the boys loved it and tried everything including octopus, mushrooms and raw sushi. they used their little chopsticks and kept commenting on how delicious everything was. really?! i'll take it! 

happy birthday to me! 



lets do this 26!

xo





1 comment :

  1. I am totally cracking up while reading this! Muito funny

    ReplyDelete