August 21, 2013

the lasts before the firsts



and so it begins, the goodbyes have started. believe or not but i haven't let september creep up on me until this week. now all of the sudden september it's two seconds away and we are moving to brazil. now im freaking out. yep, right now. last night i cried for awhile, long enough to make some serious mascara damage on my pillowcase, i had to wash it today. yikes! my mascara is waterproof so that is saying something. 

im am so scared and so nervous and so sad and also very excited about what is about to happen. brazil seems further and further away the closer september 4th comes and yet i know that i will still have my tiny, perfect family right beside me so all will be well. last weekend we went up to grandma and pa neeleman's cabin for the last time before we head out. then it started to hit me, that the "lasts" are coming. (am i being too, dramatic?). i can't even think about henry saying goodbye to my parents, he is obsessed with them and it makes me cry to even think about...so i am going to stop. can't go there yet. 

....do do do....

i emailed some people today about delivering my baby when we get there, and soon found out that i most likely won't have someone that speaks english, so i have been picturing daniel standing by my side the whole time, translating. it will bring a fun twist to the delivery, right? 

...sigh....

im so scared. 

im getting really huge and pregnant.

henry is sick again with a fever. 

i have 1 shirt that fits me right now.

i need a hair trim. 

and worst of all, because of daniel, i have had "girl on fire" stuck in my head for the past 4 days. 

love to all. here are some pics from the cabin. 




 


wish me luck!

1 comment :

  1. i like the "girl on fire" comment. made me laugh. don't worry about saying bye to us because we'll come down to brazil in the spring to hang with your family of four!

    ReplyDelete